Join the BMF Family
Are you a music teacher looking to join a community of vibrant and committed musicians?
If you love to help others, then Brooklyn Music Factory might be the place for you.
BMF teachers playing with students on a gig at Rockwood Music Hall
MiniKeys class with Michelle
Inside look at a drum lesson with Nik
See what we’re all about
Brooklyn Music Factory is not just a music school; we are a mission-driven company intent on growing a body of 100,000 students worldwide with the tools needed to connect with others and build something bigger than themselves through music. Playing & performing in bands. Writing & sharing songs. Jamming around the campfire or around the world. We grow musicians for life and are changing a generation of music-making families.
BMF teachers accompanying students at a songwriters' CD release house concert
Ben with his piano students, at a gig!
Founder Nate Shaw visiting a Rock Write & Record band rehearsal
Brooklyn Music Factory Lives & Teaches By These Core Values:
- Be the Best Version of Yourself
- Be 100% Engaged: Emotionally and Intellectually
- Find Joy in Every Day & Every Way
- Discover Everyone’s Story
- Communicate Consistently to Gain Trust
- Check Your Ego at the Door
- Build Community
BMF Monthly Faculty Meeting
Life as a BMF Teacher
Your life as a BMF teacher may feel radically different than any previous job. You will prepare for every single lesson with a level of intent and commitment that will mean long days. Especially in year one. You will be asked to study new BLAM (Big Lessons About Music) games every week and you will be challenged to implement new technologies that make your students’ learning experiences more efficient. You will be asked to create new content to benefit our whole community. You will work on Sundays celebrating with your students at gigs. And you will have to turn down that tour because you committed to being there for your students every week.
Your job is to build a community of confident, creative communicators fluent in the language of music. Your students will grow into lifelong musicians who join or start their own bands, write original songs, record and share their magic, and ultimately inspire others to join them in the mission to bring people closer together.
Ultimately, you will serve the community at large with your creative input. If you love to help others, then Brooklyn Music Factory is the place for you.
This position is for you if:
- You believe that making & sharing music with others is the best part of music.
- You find joy in each of your students’ journeys and successes.
- You are 100% committed to the growth of your students.
- You want to join a community that regularly gathers to share and celebrate music.
- You are an excellent and consistent communicator.
This position is not for you if:
- You are looking for a “side job” that you can schedule around other commitments and responsibilities.
- You are not available for several weekends of gigs through the school year.
- You like to go it alone and don’t see the value of connecting regularly with your fellow faculty.
- You are unwilling to learn and adopt a new curriculum.
- You are unwilling to learn and adopt new technologies and administrative systems.