Music lessons in Brooklyn… How do you choose?
Is your family researching music lessons in Brooklyn? There’s a lot out there, and it can be difficult to narrow down the field! Families choose the Brooklyn Music Factory (and stay for years!) for three reasons:
1. We Play Games
Lots of games. Our 25 teachers design and test new games every single week.
- Private lessons & band classes for kids ages 4-11 always include games.
- We believe that games make music lessons both fun & effective.
- We have developed dozens of games with 100s of levels to challenge young musicians to grow and learn. (We even designed an iOS app!! Big Music Games)
2. We Love to Jam Together
Always. During every private music lesson & band class. No exceptions. Ever!
- Jamming together motivates our students.
- Jamming together re-enforces our learning games (see above).
- Jamming together is the ultimate destination–the goal–of any music lesson.
3. We Write Original Songs
What else makes Brooklyn Music Factory so different from other music lessons in Brooklyn? Our bands write 100s of original songs every single year.
- We teach music concepts through cover songs, but we celebrate creativity through songwriting.
- We write songs daily to challenge our students to strengthen their creative muscles.
- We write songs daily to build teamwork, to learn to co-create and to teach respect for every idea shared.
There are tons of choices for music lessons in Brooklyn, so we hope this information helps you narrow down your search. Brooklyn Music Factory wants to inspire your entire family!
Read more in part 2, all about how we play games in music class.Learn more about private lessons